China, with ancient treasures and forward-facing culture, inspires students and broadens their outlook on the world
- The magnificent Forbidden City palace complex
- The cultural landmark of Tiananmen Square
- The ancient majesty of the Great Wall of China
- The mighty, unearthed army of Terracotta Warriors
- Travel, including to excursions
- National guide throughout the tour and city guides
- Excursion entrance fees and gratuities
- Full board accommodation and insurance
- 1 teacher place for every 10 students
Visa cost is not included in typical price
Suggested itinerary for School groups
China is a country that never ceases to inspire and amaze. From the legendary Great Wall of China, built thousands of years ago and estimated to be over 21,000km in length, to the mysterious figures of the buried Terracotta Army, to the awesome spectacle of the 2008 Olympic Games opening ceremony in the Bird's Nest Stadium. Travelbound offer the ultimate in cross-curricular school tours to China, with an effervescent combination of educational and cultural visits.
This popular tour links the capital Beijing with Xian, one of China’s oldest cities. Most school groups will travel between the two by overnight train accompanied by a local guide. This is a pleasant and authentic way to experience one of the most popular forms of travel in China.
In Beijing, Travelbound can arrange for a visit to a high school, to meet local children and sit in on lessons. It’s an excellent opportunity for students to forge lasting cultural links, as well as get a better understanding of the Chinese educational system.
Exploring day-to-day life in the sprawling network of Beijing sidestreets, known as Hutongs, is great fun when on the back of a rickshaw, and students will get a real kick out of an evening Kung-Fu show. Martial arts have been a fundamental part of Chinese culture for around 4,000 years, and many forms, as well as traditional dance, are showcased at this enthralling event.
Xian’s many cultural attractions for China school trips include the Wild Goose Pagoda, a tall structure over 1000 years old, which as well as offering splendid views from the summit, stands next to the tallest water fountain in Asia. And sneaking a peek at the Terracotta Army is unforgettable. These impressively sculpted soldiers, acrobats and musicians were created to accompany the First Emperor of China into the afterlife, and were discovered in his burial mound in 1974.
Promote this trip to students
We provide you with promotional materials to help you get your students excited about their trip.
Travelbound helps you every step of the way
Find your ideal trip
Choose a tour and get a quote, then we can discuss your options and tailor your trip
Our PowerPoint presentations and posters help you promote your tour
Prepare to go
Your dedicated Tour Co-ordinator does all the pre-tour administration for your trip
- Typically £1263 per student.Based on an 8 day, 6 night tour for 30 students, travelling February 2018
- Typically £942 per student.Based on a 7 day, 5 night tour for 30 students, travelling Feb 2018
- Typically £1666 per student.Based on a 9 day, 7 night tour for 40 students, travelling March 2018