A new inclusive Science programme on the theme of renewable energy, electricity generation and environmental sustainability set in the breathtaking Austrian Alps.
- Close encounter with a large wind turbine generator
- Visit one of Europe’s oldest hydroelectric power stations
- Experience the interaction of different climatic effects in the stunning mountain scenery
- Swim in geothermally heated water
- Return flights UK to Munich
- Return airport coach transfer and transportation as per programme
- Programme of teaching, excursions and activities as detailed
- Full board accommodation
- 1 teacher place for every 10 students
You may be interested in the following article...
Guest blogger Robert Hainitz shares his thoughts on a science week abroad to engage students in a varied learning experience while supporting curriculum needs. Find out what inspired our tour to Bad Gastein and how seamless leading a science tour can really be for your team. Read more
Suggested itinerary for School groups
Designed and delivered by a former Head of Physics, this extra-curricular study week away from the conventional classroom includes a programme of introductory teaching, exciting excursions and activities. Students will be inspired in their Science Studies in a stunning natural environment.
Succinct morning lessons will prepare students for a programme of excursions, tailored to the year group and in line with the schemes of work for KS3, KS4 or A-level.
Major areas covered are Types of Energy, Energy Transfer, Renewable Energy Sources, Geothermal Activities, Electromagnetism, Climate Change, Global Warming and Astronomy.
The programme has been designed and will be delivered by a former Head of Physics, an Austrian National, with over 10 years teaching experience of Physics and Science courses from different UK examination boards. The trip will not only be highly exciting for students but will help their understanding of important scientific concepts.
Promote this trip to students
We provide you with promotional materials to help you get your students excited about their trip.
Travelbound helps you every step of the way
Find your ideal trip
Choose a tour and get a quote, then we can discuss your options and tailor your trip
Our PowerPoint presentations and posters help you promote your tour
Prepare to go
Your dedicated Tour Co-ordinator does all the pre-tour administration for your trip
- Typically £732 per student.Based on a 4 night tour for 30 students, travelling January 2018
- Typically £447 per student.Based on a 7 day, 4 night tour for 35 students, travelling June 2018
- Typically £598 per student.Based on a 7 day, 4 night tour for 35 students, travelling May 2018