Our Commitment To Schools And Music Performance Groups
Are you a college or university?
Click here to find out how Travelbound
can support your student tour needs >
As the world begins to open its doors, our Travelbound team are doing everything they can to ensure schools can book, travel and explore with confidence. Our booking conditions allow for new bookings to benefit from even more peace of mind when planning their next educational experience.
8 Reasons To Book With Confidence
As a leading name in educational travel, we have provided support to all our groups through the COVID-19 pandemic along with providing refunds for those groups whose trips could no longer take place due to the FCDO advice. In addition, we have tailored our booking conditions to continue to provide memorable travel experiences without compromising safety and financial security.
Protecting your group, securing your booking...
Got a question? Speak to a member of our Travelbound team.
Travelling with Travelbound
Ready to start planning your next school or music performance tour?
What does it mean to be protected by ABTA and ATOL? Who are the School Travel Forum (STF)? What does the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge mean for my Travelbound booking?
Frequently Asked Questions
While our team work to provide you with all the information you require to run your school trip safely, we strongly suggest you keep updated with travel advice provided by government bodies.
Here are some useful links to information around specific requirements you may need to follow by region in relation to COVID-19 legislation:
We have adapted our booking conditions to meet the evolving situation caused by COVID-19 and its impact on a global scale. Our flexibility allows Group Leaders, their schools and students to receive a full refund for their booking due to advice from the Department for Education or the FCDO.
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) – the UN body responsible for aviation – has set out comprehensive recommendations for airlines and airports, intended to minimise infection risks at every stage of the journey. From check-in to baggage collection, airlines will be focused on encouraging passengers to maintain distancing wherever possible while there will also be enhanced and frequent deep cleaning of the cabin itself as stated by the International Air Transport Association (Iata).
As with all our accommodation options, stringent health and safety conditions must be met by our chosen partners. Many of our preferred accommodation options have sought and implemented strategies to increase the frequency of cleaning while limiting the day-to-day impact on schools and students.
As Group Leader, you will have 24/7 phone support with a member of our Travelbound team while you are away. Steps are in place which will guide Group Leaders should a member of the group become unwell while away.
Booking with Travelbound means you are financially protected with the backing of Travelopia – the world’s largest collection of specialist travel companies. With all tours protected by ABTA and ATOL, our team of school travel specialists will be able to work with groups to return to the UK safely.
Latest Destination Information
In addition to checking travel advice from governing bodies, we have compiled a list of useful quick links which will help you keep up to date by destination.
To find out how your school or music group can plan their next trip, contact our team of travel specialists for more information and a free, no-obligation enquiry.
*Terms and Conditions
Valid on new bookings for the 21/22 academic year, made between 1st September 2020 and 30th April 2021. Refunds and offers only remain valid where bookings have paid all subsequent payments on time, as per your booking confirmation and/or our terms and conditions. Refunds are only valid where the entire group booking is cancelled per these Terms. There shall be no refunds for individual cancellations. Any individuals who choose to cancel will be subject to our standard cancellation terms, as per our terms and conditions with any price increase due to reduction in numbers passed on to the group as stated therein.
Cancel your new booking for the academic year 2021/22 before 30th April 2021 and we will refund the initial and interim deposits.
• Valid on new bookings made between 1st September 2020 and 30th April 2021. Does not apply to any deferred final balance credit from the 2019/20 and 2020/21 academic year.
• Requests to cancel the booking must be emailed to your account manager before end of day 30th April 2021, along with appropriate documentation.
Refund due to DfE & Refund due to Quarantine*
• We will refund your Tour if 14 to 0 days before departure date, the UK or Destination Government confirms that you will have to quarantine on arrival at the destination, or on return to the UK, and you do not travel.
• We will refund your Tour if 60 to 0 days before departure date your UK Governing Education Department instructs your school to cease overnight residential travel and you do not travel.
• Refund payments will be made 60 days after the intended date of departure, allowing for the recovery of funds from suppliers.
Fully Rebookable due to Lockdown*
If your group is affected by local or national lockdown measures up to 14 days before departure, your tour is fully rebookable to any alternative date in the same academic year 2021/2022:
• Requests to move your booking to a new date is subject to availability.
• Your tour will be subject to the deduction of any costs incurred and which we cannot recover in respect of your original booking.
• The new trip must depart in the academic year 2021/2022.
Move your new confirmed booking for the academic year 2021/2022 to any alternative destination or date, if you give us written notice before 31st May 2021.
• Requests to move your booking and deposits to a new destination or date are subject to availability.
• Your portable deposit will be subject to the deduction of any costs incurred and which we cannot recover in respect of your original booking.
• The new trip must depart in the academic year 2021/2022.
• You need to confirm in writing that you accept details of the new trip, including destination, date, inclusion, passenger numbers and tour price.