Christmas Markets For School Groups In Freiburg, Germany
Located in the very heart of Freiburg’s beautiful old historical quarter, the Freiburg Christmas Market consists of around 114 festive stalls.
Traditional arts and crafts from the Black Forest region
A visit to Strasbourg
Europe's second largest theme park, Europa Park
*Please note, entrance fees where applicable are not included in typical price – contact us for more details
The university city of Freiburg is Germany’s southernmost city enjoying a warm and sunny climate. It’s a chance to experience typical German life with bustling market squares, traditional coffeehouses and busy networks of small canals. At its heart is the 500 year old Cathedral with the tower providing fantastic views across the city. Freiburg is also one of the world’s leading green eco cities.
This is one of the oldest markets in France and regional specialities, crafts and gifts are available in abundance. Strasbourg is full of medieval charm with a magnificent cathedral, half-timbered houses and canals. The city is also the seat of the Council of Europe, the European Parliament and The Court of Human Rights.
Germany’s largest theme park is a magical winter wonderland with thousands of decorated fir trees, festive illuminations plus hundreds of attractions and fascinating shows for all ages. Thrill at high-speed roller coasters, gaze at fascinating acrobatic international shows, become immersed in the underwater world or stroll through a traditional German Christmas Market.
Why groups like it:
- Take language practice beyond the classroom, engaging in spontaneous, unscripted conversations with native speakers
- Develop students’ confidence and fluency in a foreign language by speaking it in practical situations
- Experience another culture
- Develop students’ interest and enthusiasm for another country and its language
- Discover, explore and have fun with fellow students and teachers
Students will have had an opportunity to:
- Develop speaking and listening skills through talking to native speakers in everyday situations
- Gain confidence by stretching their vocabulary
- Learn about German culture and the German people
- Strengthen existing friendships and make new friends