Christmas Markets For School Groups in Aachen, Germany
The Aachen Christmas Market is Germany’s nearest Christmas Market to the UK. Aachen’s brightly lit Christmas market is set around the cathedral and town hall.
The 'Christmas village' on the market square
Aachen Printen, a wonderful kind of gingerbread
Aachen Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
*Please note, entrance fees where applicable are not included in typical price – contact us for more details
The Aachen Christmas Market is Germany’s nearest Christmas Market to the UK. Aachen’s brightly lit Christmas market is set around the cathedral and town hall. This lovingly decorated “Christmas village” on the market square has everything you need, with an enormous choice of original, stylish and precious goods. One local speciality we highly recommend is the Aachen Printen, a wonderful kind of gingerbread.
The Imperial Cathedral in Aachen stands as the oldest cathedral in northern Europe and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Set amongst the beautifully gold ornate features found throughout the cathedral, students can find a collection of medieval artistic objects. Located close to the cathedral, groups can relax in the quaint Elisengarten where students can discover recently excavated Roman remains.
Opened in 2011 and housed in a historic building this is a state of the art international media presentation. The exhibition features approximately 200,000 newspapers published over a period of 500 years.
Why groups like it:
- Take language practice beyond the classroom, engaging in spontaneous, unscripted conversations with native speakers
- Develop students’ confidence and fluency in a foreign language by speaking it in practical situations
- Experience another culture
- Develop students’ interest and enthusiasm for another country and its language
- Discover, explore and have fun with fellow students and teachers
Students will have had an opportunity to:
- Develop speaking and listening skills through talking to native speakers in everyday situations
- Gain confidence by stretching their vocabulary
- Learn about German culture and the German people
- Strengthen existing friendships and make new friends