Cross-Curricular School Trip To San Francisco
Take a trip to the city by the bay. Walk along Golden Gate bridge, or take a ride on the famous San Francisco Tram to reach the iconic Pier 39.
Boat trip to the prison island of Alcatraz
Hands on scientific activities at the Exploratorium
Iconic Golden Gate Bridge and views across the Bay area
A day at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Explore the laid-back city of San Francisco on a guided tour. This takes in Union Square, the Golden Gate suspension bridge and China Town. Visit the waterfront tourist area of Fishermen’s Wharf, where boats still pull in fresh seafood to be served at its restaurants.
A museum that allows its visitors to explore the world through Science, art and human perception. This is an interactive and hands on experience, allowing students to learn in a fun way.
Take a boat trip to Alcatraz Island on the San Francisco Bay and experience its history and infamy. From 1934 to 1963 it was the setting for a federal prison that held famous inmates like Al ‘Scarface’ Capone, and the ‘Birdman’ Robert Stroud. ‘The Rock’ is now home to Civil War-era buildings, rare flowers and plants, marine wildlife and sea birds.
Visit the campus of the iconic and famous Stanford University, and enjoy a guided tour. Visit various sites on campus such as the Memorial Church, the main quad and the Cantor Art Museum dedicated to the Stanford Family.
Visit the renowned Museum of Modern Art located in San Francisco. Home to internationally recognized collections of modern and contemporary art. The collection includes painting, sculpture, photography, architecture, design and media arts.
Enjoy the day at one of California’s largest Theme Parks. Enjoy a combination of wildlife, oceanarium and theme park with many different rides to choose from.
Take an exclusive private behind the scenes tour of the AT&T Baseball Stadium. Learn about the history of the Giants and how they have become engrained in American Culture.
Take a guided tour of the world famous Silicon Valley. See the campuses of the biggest pioneers of Computer Technology such as Apple, Facebook, You Tube, Google and many more.
Visit the Nasa Ames visitors Center and learn all about the amazing work that is carried out at the NASA research center. Visit all the different permanent exhibitions including the Moon Rock retrieved from the Apollo 15 mission in 1971.
Discover the History of Technology and how it has developed to the present day. Enjoy a docent led tour to encourage questions about how Technology has shaped modern day society.
Why groups like it:
Why groups like it:
- Experience learning outside the classroom in another country
- Gain a deeper understanding of Californian culture
- Experience the city at the heart of technological innovation and forward thinking
- Build confidence and learn new and valuable skills
- Explore the local area with teachers and fellow students
- Broaden their minds through the study of another culture
Students will have had an opportunity to:
- Visit a foreign country and experience another culture
- Walk along the Golden Gate Bridge and experience spectacular views of the city
- Gain independence and self confidence
- Strengthen existing friendships and make new friends
- Experience one of the most iconic Prisons in the world and step foot on Alcatraz Island