Why stay at our Château du Molay in Normandy?
If you’re looking for a seamless school trip experience, then look no further than Normandy, with a stay at our very own Château du Molay! Whether you are interested in a cross-curricular school trip to cover multiple subjects such as language and history, or you are seeking to book a subject-led tour focused on art or food technology, Normandy really has plenty to offer.
Discover French culture and encourage your students to practice their French with locals. Explore historical museums such as the Bayeux Tapestry museum, and allow them to reflect on the events that unfolded during WWII by visiting poignant war cemeteries and famous landing beaches.
Located in the heart of Normandy in France, Our 18th-century Travelbound-owned residential property is the ideal base for UK school groups wanting to explore the fascinating cultural and historical sites the region has to offer.
Find out everything you need to know about the Château du Molay below and see why you should stay there on your next school trip to Normandy, France.
The Château in numbers:
- 9 miles from Bayeux
- 45-minute drive to Caen
- 42 en-suite bedrooms
- 195 guests
- 38 acres of private parkland
There are many benefits to choosing the Château du Molay for your next Normandy residential stay. Here are some of them:
- Location: due to its fantastic location a few miles from Bayeux and with most of Normandy’s landmarks within an hour’s drive of the property, the Château du Molay is a great residential base to explore everything that Normandy has to offer.
- Exclusivity: the château is owned by yours truly and exclusive to Travelbound guests!
- Experience: we have welcomed school groups for over 30 years and our on-site Travelbound team is well-versed in understanding what school groups and their party leader want and expect.
- All on one site: we have an on-site restaurant and a wide range of in-house activities so no chasing after your students to get them to board the coach after your evening entertainment!
- Safe and secure: this is a private estate, solely used by Travelbound and their chateau staff who are easily identifiable by their uniform. Travelbound and the Château du Molay are also both recognised by the Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) Quality Badge for delivering high-quality and safe experiences to young learners.
The château is located only 9 miles from Bayeux, home to the famous Bayeux Tapestry, and just a 45-minute drive from the port city of Caen, which makes it an ideal location for school trips from the UK.
This is also within easy reach of the world-famous Calvados coast, giving you access to historical landing beaches, but also preserved nature, fauna and geology.
Rooms and on-site facilities
The property can accommodate 195 guests in 42 bedrooms with en-suite bathroom facilities. We also have a large on-site restaurant, as well as a retro games room and facilities for a disco night.
The château is set among 38 acres of beautiful private parkland, which houses a full-size football/rugby pitch, an all-weather sports court and facilities for a barbecue in the sun.
Find out more about the Facilities at the Château du Molay.
Explore the Château before you go!
Book your Normandy residential stay at the Château du Molay now!
We provide tailored trips, packages and itineraries to suit your group’s subject focus and needs – for languages, art, history, cross-curricular and more. We also have special offers that include trips to the Château du Molay.
To find out more about how we can cater for you and your students, contact us today and we will happily send you a no-obligation quote. Make an enquiry now or give us a call on 01273 244572.
Find out more about the Château
Read more about the Château du Molay and how you can integrate learning into your school trip to Normandy: